IN THIS WORLD THERE IS NO FORCE EQUAL TO THE STRENGTH OF A DETERMINED WOMAN

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oxfam Fundraiser walk

Now when i seen that the ladies who are doing the Oxfam 100km trail walk were having a fundraiser day/walk i was like HELL YEH!!!!

I'm always looking for new and exciting things to put into my training schedule to mix things up a bit. It was so much fun. I was really surprised that i enjoyed it so much. It did take us just under 3 hours to walk a 11.4km track BUT it went really quick. Now there was 2 bloody BIG hills that we had to go up and down but hey that is part of the fun right. It got my heart rate up and my legs burning but it felt good. What an awesome start to a long weekend. My sister and i were up about 4.30am to get up to Mount Cootha and meet all the other women doing the walk. What a great turn out we had, i think it ended up being around 28 of us. How cool is that!!!!

Now we only did the final section that these lovely ladies have to do in their hike and it was the easiest apparently. Holy i really admire these women but think they are crazy at the same time. I mean 100kms in 48hrs NON STOP. What the???? What an awesome thing these ladies are doing, raising funds for Oxfam.

All up it was a great way to burn some calories and meet some more of the 12WBT family. I think i hit 960 calories burned, hows that for 3 hours work!!! I love this damn program and all the things that it has to offer in so many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment